Sunday, January 8, 2012

Classes

     Classes start tomorrow. I'm not quite ready for break to be over. Because if break is over Cliff is really gone... And there's no chance of him being here until who knows when. I realize that he's been gone since the third, when I dropped him off at the airport... But Christmas break was so closely interlinked with Cliff being home that it hasn't been real until now. Its been like I could turn a corner and he would be standing there, waiting for me. Wondering why I hadn't turned that corner yet. He felt just out of sight. Just out of reach. Now he feels gone. I bought a heating pad to take to bed tonight. The finality of that is hard to overlook. I miss him. More than last time. More and less. I miss his presence more. I miss his smile, his laugh, the way he felt next to me. But I'm not fearful that our goodbye was our last kiss or our lass hug. I'm not afraid that the distance will break us. I just don't want to be apart from him. I don't want to feel like I'm walking around missing half of me because he's gone. I haven't even heard from him. I'm hoping for a letter tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment