Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lunch thought

     I'm sitting here watching Army Wives in between dishes and lunch cooking and a thought occurred to me. One of the women is a nurse, she meets a man who recently lost his legs. His girlfriend hasn't seen him like that yet. He's nervous and seeking reassurance. Which brought me to what I told Cliff about loosing limbs.

     What you may not know is that Cliff is obscenely ticklish. I can get him at any point in the day. Its really funny. I told him that if he ever lost his arms I'd tickle him until he peed! He looked at me and horror slowly creep across his face as he came to realize that I was serious. At that point I was giggling and saying something about tiny arm nubbins waiving as I tickled him. He refused to speak to me for about an hour. He also called me a bitch. I couldn't blame him for either of those. He's since forgiven me for that transgression. 

     Also, I don't mean to make light of amputees, that isn't my intention. This was just one of the funny moments in our relationship that I thought of while he is gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment