Monday, November 21, 2011

I Love My Cat

     I know that many of you already know this, I talk about my cat like he's a person all the time, but I feel like he really deserves his own blog entry today. Why today? I have no idea. Its cold in my apartment because I still don't have the pilot light for the heater lit and I'm not going to bother doing that until I get back from Thanksgiving break. He's curled up right next to me, as close as he can get actually, and napping. I looked at him and realized that he has been more supportive than any of my friends or family. He stays up with me all night long when I can't sleep. He purrs and cuddles to keep me company. Every time I walk through my front door he runs to me, excited to see me again. He wants attention all day long, he's happiest curled up in my lap. I don't know what I would have done without him this past year. I have never met a person as loving, as devoted, as kind and caring as my cat. 


     I know that sounds strange, but think about it. Every person I have ever loved has disappointed me. My cat has not. Every person I have ever loved (and many people that I have not loved) spoke without thinking and hurt my feelings. My cat has never done this. In fact, he's got this strange 6th sense. Every time I cry in the apartment he knows. He takes it as a personal failure and insists upon climbing into my lap and purring as loud as he can to stop it. He sleeps with me every night. He is a constant and loving companion. How many of you can say that about your significant others? I can't. How many can say that about your parents? Not I. My friends have also failed in this capacity. So this blog entry is dedicated to my cat and the unwavering support I receive from him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment