Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

     First off, I am so thankful for my incredibly dysfunctional but loving family. I'm not sure where I'd be without them. I really rely on my family for support. Second I love my friends to death. They complete me.  I have so much to be grateful for in my life. I have reach so much of my potential due to the experiences I've been able to have. I wouldn't change anything in my life. I have been blessed. 


     With all of that said, I would also like to share that I absolutely love my boyfriend. He is kind, caring, funny, sweet, thoughtful, silly, supportive, and one of the most ambitious men I've ever met. I've been through so much dealing with him being gone, adjusting to living without him, worrying about what's happening now that he's injured, trying not to be sucked in to drama, trying not to give up on my own ideals and decisions. I wouldn't change any of that either. Anything worth having is worth working hard for. I'm not afraid of hard work, I know that to continue a relationship most of it is going to be hard work. 


     I was woken up at 6 am on Thursday by Cliff. He got his phone for most of the morning! So we talked for most of the morning, between showering and cooking, we essentially talked as much as possible. Which amounted to about... 4 hours on the phone, give or take. It was great to hear his voice. To be able to just chat with him about normal things and get an instant response. It was like having him in the room with me! Which made Friday so hard. I felt like pieces of me were missing. Like I was standing alone in a crowd of people (which, considering I was in San Francisco on Black Friday, I kinda was). It was him leaving all over again. The highs and lows of dating an Army man are hard. 


     In good news, sort of, he's going to be back on December 5th for convalescent leave. So I'll have him for about a month! I'm excited about that! "Eight days and a wake-up" as he'd call it. 9 days by my count. Either way, I can't wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment