Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Day At A Time

     So yesterday's call had me all in a tizzy. I was confused, I was upset, I was rethinking everything. And then a good friend slapped me in the face and called me a drama queen. I needed that. He told me that I didn't have all the facts and was freaking out because the bf was freaking out. And ONE of us had to be calm and level headed. I.E. I needed to be calm and level headed. So I'm trying. I don't have all the facts, but I can't expect them immediately. Especially if the BF doesn't have all the facts and information. I need to calm down and take things one day at a time. Worrying won't do either of us any good. The Army is a hurry up and wait kind of bureaucracy. I need to do the waiting because obviously the bf is doing the hurry up portion. And my role is support at the moment. I knew he'd need support making it through BCT. How does this change anything? Wouldn't he need more support being injured in BCT? And if he needs time off to heal and then be recycled back in, so be it. This is his career choice, not mine. All I can do is offer advice when he asks and be supportive when he doesn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment